Why we think we are the number one Green Company for London...
Green Removals is commited to running our company in an environmentally friendly way. We donít just pay lip service like other companies by pretending to plant a tree for every removal but make solid contributions by concentrating hard on reducing and recycling packaging waste, using very low emission vehicles, sourcing our power from renewables and donating unwanted furniture, clothes and bric a brac to charity.
We also donate funds on a regular basis to both Medecins sans frontieres and Kchijko, an orphanage based in Tanzania. It was very easy and relatively inexpensive to take these steps which as well as helping the planet in a small way enhances our business reputation in a big way.
Provided below are details of all the things we're doing as a company to protect the environment, both locally in London and on a global scale...
- We complete 100% our London based removals using Liquid Petroleum Gas removal vehicles which have very low environmentally damaging emissions. Many of our competitors use older diesel vans that have a greater impact on the environment.
- We offer a free collection service to our customers to collect and recycle all used packing materials after the removal is complete, All our packing materials are sourced from a local company within 2 miles of our warehouse, this company in turn supplies very high quality and durable materials sourced from as locally as possible and where possible we re-use recycled materials, anything we cant recycle we make sure is disposed off properly.
- We make regular monthly donations to an African orphanage called Kichijo Uk which is doing exceptional work in Tanzania and is always in need of more funds, please check www.kichijo.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you too would like to donate.
- We make regular donations to medecins sans frontieres www.msf.org
- Instead of disposing of unwanted and excess household furniture and household effects in landfill we recycle and donate where possible to Oxfamís Furniture shop in Streatham, South London with whom we also supply a reduced rate continuous contract for deliveries and collections on a weekly basis.
- We have invested in Satellite navigation and Tracker systems for all our removal vehicles in order to travel to and from removal jobs as efficiently as possible and therefore decrease the impact our removal vehicles have on the local environment both by air and nGreene pollution.
- The Electricity for our storage warehouse is supplied by Ecotricity which is from 100% renewable sources such as wind and solar power.
- We try to run as Eco Friendly an office as possible and recycle and reuse as much waste paper and other office waste as possible, you may find it strange that in this day and age most Local councils donít provide recycling facilities to businesses who generate the most waste, so in order to be green we have to bring the office recycling to community recycling points.
For more information on our environmental policies and
waste reduction, please email email@example.com
or call us on 0800 783 5702